Saturday, October 27, 2012

POETRY: The Idol

Are you also praying a prayer that cannot be answered? Listen to what Laban Erapu has to say.

Brown, proud and flawless,
Wordless and passionless,
You stand on the shaft,
On the pedestal I built for you.
An idol in a Christian house.

Curved, polished and oiled,
Primed and perfect,
You came to my life
A goddess to whom I offer.
My first and last prayer.

Serene and silent
You stand on your pedestal,
Too high above the tears I shed 
For the love that was not 
Too far beyond the reach of arms
That rise in mute prayer
And beg to be released 
From the hold
Of eyes to blind for tears
And a heart too stern
For pity.
Share your thoughts. Do you think your politicians can be found within these confines of this poem? What are you thinking and saying? Drop your comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts about the posts on the blog. I invite all forms of criticism